And after I got the phone call from Lisa, our local CSI woman, she showed up and wanted to meet me at the car. What I was expecting and what I got were two different things. I thought that I would round the corner towards my car and see three or four people standing around my car, after having cordoning off the road. I thought that I would see overly-attractive people who were tall and stylish. What I got in fact was a short woman, who drove a small Ford Fiesta, with a case that looked similar to the chemistry set case I had when I was 10. Of course looks can be deceiving.
Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I watched as she used her UNGLOVED hands to touch things in the car and generally just poke around (this is beginning to sound like typical English style). She then opened up her magic case. I was a bit disappointed at this too as there was no ah inspiring sounds when the case opened. As I looked in, I saw an array of things, but nothing more high tech then my £1.50 flashlight at home.
She told me that she would sweep for prints, but that she can only do it on hard, shinny surfaces. This meant that she would not be able to sweep most of the surfaces inside the car. I was a bit confused at this. She explained that even though it looks hard and shinny, it has a rough texture. All I could think about was that this would not have been a problem if this were on television (this might be an indication that I am starting to blur the boundaries between reality and make believe).
At any rate, as you can guess, there were no prints, not even mine, Andrea's, or Mia's. This was a bit strange. After all, it was not like we wore gloves every time we got in the car. So what I was left with was a car that was broken into and a word about protecting it in the future.
And the story goes on...
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment