First, however, an update on my garden. Things are going pretty well. I have managed to stave off my mortal enemy, the slug/snail. They have been kept at bay by what force I am not sure. But if I ever find out, I will be sure to bottle it and sell it. My new problem is the compost pile. Because we do not have a lawn to speak of, I do not have enough stuff, nitrogen, to put into the pile. What we do have plenty of, however, are food scraps... remember we are vegetarians so there are lots of fruit peelings. So in addition to these food scraps, I now have plenty of flies. Actually, what there is is a colony the size of Luxembourg in our backyard. This is truly annoying.
On the plus side, we have beans, peas, garlic, carrot all coming up. Lettuce, spinach and parsley will be staring to sprout, too. The raspberries are growing, but the blueberries and strawberries did not make the winter.
Okay, now to Italy. Like Andrea said earlier, Italy was amazing. Here are a few more pictures.

Pigeons in San Marco Square: These pigeons eat whatever is on offer, which in this case was a full size person.

These streets aren't paved with gold, they aren't even paved.

Our personal gondola driver.

Mia actually took this picture!

A Tuscan butcher... cute! The shop isn't bad either.

A view of Tuscany.

Our audience with the Pope!

Not Italy, but awfully cute!!!

Can you say gorgeous!
No comments:
Post a Comment