I spent the whole day at the new house. However, I forgot to take pictures. I will take some tomorrow. Today I finished ripping up the carpeting. It was a bit old and a bit smelly. I also had to pull out all the staples that were used to hold the matting down. I don't know how many there were, but I am sure there were more then there had to be. And I am sure whoever put them in was probably laughing at the thought of someone having to pull them up.
I also welcomed an order of wood flooring into our home. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it down. That will be the first week in May with the help of my friend Josh.
I also finished taking down the fake pine paneling in what will eventually become my train room. That's right, I have a model train set. I got it from my grandfather when I was a kid... about 30 years ago. It has just been sitting in the basement all this time waiting for a place to live.
I also took up all the molding. I had wanted to save it, but with my demolition skills, just say there was not much left to save.
So, tomorrow Andrea and I are going to start to paint. That will really make it feel like our home. The plan still is to move May 10. That day is going to sneak up on us fast.
By the way, I met one of our neighbors and there is a 4 year-old girl who lives there. This is great for Mia.
Keep you posted soon.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment