Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween

Fright night is upon us and the ghouls and goblins will start to creep up to your doorstep. They will scream, holler, yell, and demand candy. Candy of the red, yellow, or green sort. Stuffed with sugar. Tastes like orange, lemon, and chocolate. They will get enough to last the year, but probably only be able to make until the end of the week. They will try to scare you. They will tempt you with smiles and grins and furry tails. Yes these ghouls and goblins, ones that you might otherwise know as behaved and wonderful children, turn into monsters after dark.

And you know what...

I love this holiday. It's one of the few times during the year that there is no religion associated with a fun holiday. Everyone can participate in the fun. Few people are left out. And this year Mia is going to be a dog. Yes, she has chosen to be a dog. I think the bookies in Vegas had given odds that she was going to be a princess (actually I did place a bet and now owe more money then I thought possible). She had teased us with wanting to be a princess and even went as far as to look at princess outfits. But in the end she found a cute, fuzzy, and pink poodle outfit. I have to say, in my totally unbiased, Fox news way, that she is adorable and I have not yet seen a child look as cute in a costume.

Where has the time gone during this pregnancy. We are now 16 weeks or so pregnant. I suppose that I should know this. Let's just say we are about 16 weeks pregnant, plus or minus 2 weeks. Things are going well actually. Andrea has passed her period of sickness. She seems to be doing much better. She is full of life and energy. She much so that she now has the energy back to make lists for me of things that I need to do... things that are my responsibility because she feels so good that she realizes she cannot do certain things because she is pregnant.

Mia has been handling this well too. She doesn't talk about it much. Every once in a while she will talk with the baby. For the most part she is just doing her thing. She has taken to sleeping in our room and I suppose one reason could be that she may be feeling left out or jealous that the baby is sleeping with us. Otherwise, she is doing great. She loves school and is learning very quickly. Actually, we are no longer able to understand her and I fear that she is actually telling us off but doing it in the form of song so we actually think she is entertaining us. Imagine her signing a song that otherwise would be known as five little monkeys. Now imagine her telling us, with the tune of that song, that she it's terrible that we make her eat vegetables. Yikes, what's going to happen when she is 10?

As always, pictures to come.

No comments: