Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's been a long, long, long, long, long time

Sorry. What can I say. My apologies to you and yours. I've meant to write. I've meant to tell you all about what's been going on lately. But alas I've just not found the time. So, here's the short story of what has been going on in the Raich household.

When we last left off, the Raich family found out that a baby boy was going to be the newest member of the family. As you see below, Mia was surprised but later stated she knew. Since this wondrous event, things have continued to get complicated and busy.

Superwoman (that's Andrea if there was any confusion) has now finished her first semester of her PhD program. Yeah! She managed to come through with flying colors and great grades. At the same time, she has managed to progress stylishly (although, perhaps not as stylish as she would like) and gracefully into her 6th month of pregnancy. She looks good and appears to be dealing well. Sure she has her cravings, but who doesn't. Here's a little secret: her favorite cookie in the whole world is a peanut butter cookie by Back to Nature. I know this is hard to believe, but it's true. She likes this better then my cookies, girl scout cookies, all cookies. At any rate, they are tasty.

Princess Mia has also been keeping busy. When we last left Mia, she was super happy and surprised about her baby brother. Since then she has saved the world two or three times and gone on adventures to far away lands like Africa, King Arthur's round table, Egypt, and Hawaii (via her favorite books called Magic Tree House Mysteries). She has also, in between trips, finished her first semester of school. Mia now is able to speak to us without us understanding a word she says. I'm not sure if I should be proud or scared. She is growing like a weed and looking ever older every day.

As for me, your humble servant of the public good, I manage to keep busy, too. Mostly I spend my time eating bon bons, watching movies and sleeping. However, there are times when I do manage to put other people's needs first and see to my family. Actually, I have been making progress in our upstairs. I have demo-ed the insides, roughed-in the new shower, started to run the plumbing, and taken out fixtures. All this and I still have all my fingers. Not too bad. My next project is to finish the plumbing and start to make the ceiling look nice. But the plumbing is not as simple as it sounds. I actually have to cut into the pipe that removes all the waste. And when I say waste I mean pooh. Hmmm, should be pleasant. I imagine on that day I will be saying 'It's good to be me' and will keep on repeating it over and over. I have also started to bake again. For this I apologize to my family.

And then there is the wood working. I have always loved and appreciated fine wood projects, but have never tried to do them myself... until now. I started by buying some tools. I now have three tools and lots of articles and magazines. What have I made you ask. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. I still don't have the tools to do my first project. However, I have really nice tools - a Japanese chisel, a Japanese saw, and a way to sharpen those things. Nice things to have. Look good hanging on the wall.

Well, that's about it for now. And as always, pictures to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Hope you don't keep us waiting so long next time.

Linda