Thursday, March 15, 2007

Writer's block

I have been suffering from writer's block. I wanted to write and tell the world about our adventures - Lewes, Dance, waiting for the ever elusive on-time train - but alas I was stuck in a rut. Well, I can say now that I am still stuck in a rut. Thank goodness that Andrea has taken over and written on what was fast becoming a very dusty blogsite.

Life has been going along fairly quietly. There have been the occasional blips. One of those blips was that I lost my wallet. Thankully the train company was gracious enough to allow me a duplicate ticket for a cost of only 20 pounds, which ends up being only 10 percent of the total cost. I say thank you and for ever after I will be in your servitude.

Andrea went swimming with Mia the other day. They had a blast, I am told. We, and by that I mean Andrea and Mia, have really settled into a routine and have made very nice friends. I love to see that. One of the things that we lost when we moved to England, besides all our personal belongings, was a sense of community. We no longer had family or friends. While our family and friends can never be replaced it is nice to have made new friends in England.

And since you have sat through my gushing, here is your reward for being so patient... random pictures of Mia. Actually, that will have to wait as I am not the computer that has our current pictures. Oh well, I guess I could post some rather old ones to tide us over.


No comments: