Monday, May 14, 2007

Sushi and Surf Music on a Saturday afternoon

We had a slight reprieve from the endless rain on Saturday and decided to head down to The Lanes for some Brighton culture. Jeff somehow came up with the brilliant idea to go to Yo Sushi! for lunch, thinking that Mia might like it. I'm not sure how he came up with this idea, because if there is one food I would guess kids DON'T want to eat (especially my kid) it would be sushi. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only was this a hit with Mia, but every other kid in all of Brighton seemed to be there enjoying sushi as well! After suffering nearly 4 years of seeing Mia scrunch up her face and whine 'I don't like it!' to nearly everything we have offered her, watching Mia stuff her face with plate after plate of sushi really was one of the bigger jaw dropping moments of my life. Don't believe me? The pictures don't lie!



After our lovely lunch at the Sushi bar, we strolled through The Lanes looking to buy a present for Kayo's new baby in Japan. We stumbled upon this street band that was playing the most amazing surfing music. There was such a crowd of people around them that we couldn't see much. I fought my way to the front of the crowd to see what was going on only to discover that they were all completely decked out in full scuba gear. Somehow none of this was strange given that it is Brighton and strange is the norm here. These guys were jamming though!



Also, two weekends ago we celebrated Jeff's 39th birthday with our friends Scott and Cheryl and baby Caleb. They came down for lunch and I just know they enjoyed the dairy free, gluten free, wheat free lurch we served. I'm not sure if we have pictured the McFaddins on our blog before, but here they are for your viewing pleasure. They are our adopted 'family' here in England and are actually flying back with us to the States in July; although they will be continuing on from Minneapolis to the land of flying spiders and killer bees (that is Texas for the rest of you).


Well that is all there is to report for now folks. I will leave you with a few photos of Mia and Jeff lounging in front of the computer (no doubt zoning out to 'The Wiggles' or 'Postman Pat'). Mia and I have been a bit sick for the past week and have had more than our share of couch moments (notice Jeff seems to be enjoying it more than Mia). Hopefully we will all be better soon--we have a lot to do as it is now only 75 more days to squeeze our entire life into 6 suitcases.

No comments: