Yes, the illness season is upon us in full force. Not since the Twin Cities experienced 84 feet of snow, -100 degree temps, and winds gusting to 1000 mph, have we experienced anything like what I have seen.
First, my daughter says she has a stomach ache (the wind is picking up) and then she says she's fine (the wind if dying down, but the temp is dropping). I say come-on hunny, let's brush our teeth and get ready to go to school. At which point she runs to mommy (the wind is picking up even stronger, the temp is cold and it's starting to snow... a lot). As she gets to mommy, everything comes up. Meaning, vomit. It's everywhere. And not like Visa, but everywhere I don't want. She gets sick and sick and sick (all calm now, but remember all is calm before the storm).
Mia stays home that day with Andrea as Andrea had the day off. As an aside, this is the pattern. If Andrea has a day off for whatever reason - mental health day, spa day, bon bon day, whatever - Mia will stay home too. It's uncanny and strange. They also seem to be linked by hiccups. I don't get hiccups myself, but they do. If one gets them, the other will within a day. Hell, the dog has started to follow this pattern. I'm not sure if I should feel left out or should call the local tabloid. I can see it now - GIRL, MOTHER, DOG ALL RELATED AND SHARING THE SAME DIAPHRAGM.
Anyway, I digress. Mia stayed home and the big worry was what if Andrea were to get sick (storm on the horizon). Later that night, Andrea is not feeling well, Mia is still vomiting, and I'm thinking I might be alone here. Sure enough, the next morning, Andrea is sick (blizzard, freezing temps, and winds that are able to blow houses down hit my neighborhood).
So here's my situation: I have a daughter who is recovering from illness, a pregnant wife who is now as sick as daughter was, I have to work overnight which means I will need to sleep the next day, and to top it off I am supposed Andrea is supposed to do traffic duty at religious school (blizzard over, house buried under snow, garage gone, and of course all we have to eat is meat and cheese, which of course leaves me (I don't eat either) without food).
Thankfully everything has worked out (thanks Tig's mom) and all seem to be on road to recovery. Let's just hope the next entry is not written by me as I lay next to the toilet. Not a nice picture!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that despite the fact that you haven't posted again, you're not all still sick?
Post a Comment