Today I’m 41. I don’t feel any older. Actually, in some ways, it feels less old then 40. Perhaps that’s just hope. The reality is that my bones creek, I’m tired at 9:00 pm, and I get up at 4:00 am to have breakfast and then go back to sleep.
As I look back, it’s hard to imagine at 20 what kind of life I was thinking I would have. I'm sure it involved lots of money, a few houses, and total world fame. I'm willing to bet things have not gone exactly as planned. On the other hand, if they had I would not have the people in my life that I do. I certainly did not imagine that I would have a new born at this age, but I do and I would not trade it for anything. Had my life gone differently I would not have Mia and I can’t even begin to imagine that life, nor would I want to. And of course, my wife would not have been part of my life and that just seems like a void I would not want to ever experience.
No, my life has turned out exactly as I would have hoped and the reality is that I have gotten exactly what I needed. I would not want it any other way. Well, maybe with less spit-up on my back.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You forgot to mention that you never would have met me either!! I mean, think how HORRIBLE life would have been without ever being graced by my presence?! It's almost painful to consider, I know. That's probably why you omitted it from your post.
Post a Comment