Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day

On the eve of Mother's Day, a day that reminds me to stop and take notice of how amazing Andrea is, I want to do just that. As Andrea and I are married for longer and longer, I find I don't always notice the great things about her, the things that make her wonderful and amazing. I find that it is sometimes easier to let those things go and focus on the things that don't really matter in the end, the things that just end up pulling us apart. But it's the other things, the things that gave me reason to marry her, that are more fun, exciting, enjoyable to think about. The things like how loving she is with Mia, Jonah, and myself, how hard she works at life to raise the kids and work full-time and pursue a Ph.D, the way her smile lights up a room, how beautiful she is - these things are who she is. Things like her devotion to health, her passion to the environment, and her loyalty to do the best she can for Mia and Jonah - these things are who she is.

I know that I'm a lucky man to have her in my life. I know that without her, I would still be where I was 8 years ago and I can promise you that is not a place I would want to be. I know that she has helped me become the man that I knew I could be, but could not see how to be. And I know that she'll do the same for our children as they get older and experience more and more of life. I just know that I could not have imagined a wife more perfect then her, a woman more devoted then her, and a friend more caring then her.

Thank you for all you are and all you do, Andrea. I love you!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

UPDATE!!!!