Monday, June 01, 2009

The Mommy Report

I can't believe we have let 3 weeks go by without a post. Now that gardening season is in full swing, Jeff seems to have lost all interest in the blog. Unfortunately that leaves the responsibility to me, which is bad news indeed. Sorry to everyone who has been eagerly awaiting photos. Actually, I think we only have about 2 people who read this blog regularly...Anyway, here it is week six since Jonah's arrival and things have been going just swimmingly. I absolutely looovveee being home on maternity leave. I'm actually happily surprised by just how much I love it. I don't remember having such a wonderful time with my first maternity leave. I think I was very stressed out with Mia--it was all just so new and...well...stressful. Thins just seem so much easier the second time around. I do think Jonah is an easier baby as well. I just love hanging out with him all day. He is so easy going and happy. We are just gaga for each other and spend a lot of time just staring into each others eyes and smiling at each other. I will admit that there is goofy baby talk and a certain amount of slobbering as well. Sickening, I know!

So here is what a typical day in the life of Jonah and mommy is like.

6:30 am--Alarm goes off for the 4th time and Jeff finally crawls out of bed. Typically, Jonah has been up off and on since 4 am madly nursing in bed. There is something about the 4-6 am hours that just compels that kid to eat like there is no tomorrow!

7:00 am--I finally pry Jonah from my breast and convince him that they will still be there after I take a shower. Jeff leaves for work a little after 7.

8:45--After spending the morning getting breakfast for Mia, baths for the kids, and more nursing for Jonah, I leave to take Mia to school. Luckily Jonah loves the car and usually falls asleep the minute his head hits the car seat.

9:30 --Arrive home from school drop off. You guessed it--more eating for Jonah, then we take a long walk around the neighborhood and Jonah naps.

Noon--by afternoon, Jonah is usually well fed and well napped and we are ready to run errands or work around the house. Sometimes we do grocery shopping or trips to Target, sometimes we clean the house and do laundry.

3:40--Back in the car to pick up Mia and Jeff from school and work. Once we get home we usually all hang out outside. Jeff gardens, Mia does homework, and, you guessed it--Jonah either naps or eats or both.

Anyway, all that napping and eating have paid off, because Jonah is seriously one cutie pie baby. Here are some updated pics.


Ok--I think this is really special. He is not even supposed to be able to hold a rattle, and look at him! He is really a total baby Olympiad.

The proud papa

Celebrating Jonah's 4 week birthday. A good excuse for cupcakes!

A visit from our friend Katrina--who, minutes after this photo was taken, was totally
pooped on by Jonah! Sorry Katrina!!

Jonah's first bottle

This is just pure and utter handsomeness, if you ask me...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

He looks so big already! How did that happen in just a month?!?! Seriously, though.... so cute!!! Hooray for pictures!

Kayo said...

Finally new photos!!! I've been checking the blog every day for them! Yes, Johna looks quite big! He can hold the rattle alreay? Wow!!! You must be so proud! :) And Mia is a big girl now! Beautiful kids!

Jo said...

Love the pics, can't wait to meet him!! I'm in the TC later this month. We might have to meet for lunch or something if you are up for it!

Jamie has the same outfit as Jonah! It's the 'first bottle' one. Love it love it!

*hugs*

jo