Do you right click? Not us. We’re no longer part of that group. We’ve moved on and all I can hear is Styx in that background . . . you know the one . . . babe we're leaving, must be on our way . . . We’ve made the switch and I think we’ll be much happier for it. What am I talking about? I’m talking about switching from PC to Mac. We've decided to make the switch and I have to say I feel like I belong. I know it’s just a matter of no longer needing to right click, having a white or silver computer vs a black one, and having a computer that actually works. But there seems to be such a fervent Mac cult out there that I can’t help but think, what took us so long.
Oh yeah, I remember. Price. That’s what got in the way.
Holy cow are Macs expensive, and if we hadn’t won the lottery, we wouldn’t have bought one. But really, all I want to do now is buy Mac products and outfit my home in lovely Mac white. It’s not like I want to sleep with our new computer or anything, but maybe I would take the ipod to bed. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be connected 24/7 to their apps. What if I wanted to play monkey ball at 2 am?
On a different note, last night we had to deal with our little girl. It went something like this.
(Picture the overcrowded, smelly house of the Raich’s. It’s the middle of the night and all are sleeping).
Mia: DADA! (yells to me to come to room)
Dada: What’s wrong , honey? (says with empathy and compassion, at least as much as can be mustered at 2 am)
Mia: I had a bad dream?
Dada: What was it about?
Mia: I don’t remember (she says this as she rolls over and appears to go back to sleep).
Dada: Okay, I am sleeping in the living room. If you need me just call.
Mia: I love you (she says in a voice that melts your heart)
(Some time passes and then we hear little feet going across the floor to our old bedroom (I say old bedroom as we can no longer sleep in there, but that’s another issue that has been discussed in past posts). We yell/whisper for her to come to living room).
Mia: My eye hurts (she says while crying).
Mama: Where does it hurt?
Mia: Right here (she says while sitting in total darkness).
Mama: Try to blink it out. Sometimes if you blink it will wash out whatever is in there.
Mia: It’s not working.
Mama: Does it hurt on the inside or outside?
Mia: It still hurts on the outside (she says still crying).
Mia: Maybe an ice pack will help (I’m not sure what they learn in school, but this seems to be the standard response to any issue a child may have. You have a headache, how about a wet compress and ice pack. You cut your finger off, how about a wet compress and an ice pack. You somehow managed to get spaghetti stuck in your ears, how about a cold compress and an ice pack).
(Mama gets an ice pack (actually a bag of frozen popping corn) and applies. Surprisingly it doesn’t work).
Mia: It still hurts (she says while crying)
(and now the action starts while Dada gets up to get a hot compress).
Mama: Honey she’s throwing up, get a bowl (she says in total calm).
(Dada has no glasses on and tries to make his way to kitchen in total darkness . . . oops! The bouncy playset should not be put in middle of room again).
(Mama and Dada clean up the first mess).
(Dada returns to the kitchen get Mia a glass of water...Damn! The baby swing shouldn't be there).
(second vomit happens. Dada goes to the kitchen to get more paper towels. *$&!"%~#!!! Those sharp little leggos shouldn't be in the middle of the floor!)
Mama: Are you feeling better?
Mia: Yes (as she rolls over to sleep)
(Just as it seems that maybe we might all get a little shut eye, Jonah starts crying. Mama goes to Jonah's room--aka our old bedroom--attend to jonah, and dada stays with mia).
(A short time later--mia has third vomit)
Mia: I’m all done.
Dada: I love you and am sorry that you feel so bad.
Mia: It’s okay (she says in a completely happy voice). If I stay home from school tomorrow, can I watch two movies?
Oh yeah, I remember. Price. That’s what got in the way.
Holy cow are Macs expensive, and if we hadn’t won the lottery, we wouldn’t have bought one. But really, all I want to do now is buy Mac products and outfit my home in lovely Mac white. It’s not like I want to sleep with our new computer or anything, but maybe I would take the ipod to bed. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be connected 24/7 to their apps. What if I wanted to play monkey ball at 2 am?
On a different note, last night we had to deal with our little girl. It went something like this.
(Picture the overcrowded, smelly house of the Raich’s. It’s the middle of the night and all are sleeping).
Mia: DADA! (yells to me to come to room)
Dada: What’s wrong , honey? (says with empathy and compassion, at least as much as can be mustered at 2 am)
Mia: I had a bad dream?
Dada: What was it about?
Mia: I don’t remember (she says this as she rolls over and appears to go back to sleep).
Dada: Okay, I am sleeping in the living room. If you need me just call.
Mia: I love you (she says in a voice that melts your heart)
(Some time passes and then we hear little feet going across the floor to our old bedroom (I say old bedroom as we can no longer sleep in there, but that’s another issue that has been discussed in past posts). We yell/whisper for her to come to living room).
Mia: My eye hurts (she says while crying).
Mama: Where does it hurt?
Mia: Right here (she says while sitting in total darkness).
Mama: Try to blink it out. Sometimes if you blink it will wash out whatever is in there.
Mia: It’s not working.
Mama: Does it hurt on the inside or outside?
Mia: It still hurts on the outside (she says still crying).
Mia: Maybe an ice pack will help (I’m not sure what they learn in school, but this seems to be the standard response to any issue a child may have. You have a headache, how about a wet compress and ice pack. You cut your finger off, how about a wet compress and an ice pack. You somehow managed to get spaghetti stuck in your ears, how about a cold compress and an ice pack).
(Mama gets an ice pack (actually a bag of frozen popping corn) and applies. Surprisingly it doesn’t work).
Mia: It still hurts (she says while crying)
(and now the action starts while Dada gets up to get a hot compress).
Mama: Honey she’s throwing up, get a bowl (she says in total calm).
(Dada has no glasses on and tries to make his way to kitchen in total darkness . . . oops! The bouncy playset should not be put in middle of room again).
(Mama and Dada clean up the first mess).
(Dada returns to the kitchen get Mia a glass of water...Damn! The baby swing shouldn't be there).
(second vomit happens. Dada goes to the kitchen to get more paper towels. *$&!"%~#!!! Those sharp little leggos shouldn't be in the middle of the floor!)
Mama: Are you feeling better?
Mia: Yes (as she rolls over to sleep)
(Just as it seems that maybe we might all get a little shut eye, Jonah starts crying. Mama goes to Jonah's room--aka our old bedroom--attend to jonah, and dada stays with mia).
(A short time later--mia has third vomit)
Mia: I’m all done.
Dada: I love you and am sorry that you feel so bad.
Mia: It’s okay (she says in a completely happy voice). If I stay home from school tomorrow, can I watch two movies?
1 comment:
Wow. She seems to handle vomiting so well. It still scares Caleb and he completely freaks out whenever he throws up because his body is acting completely against his will. Hope she feels better!
(I'm not sure if this post was written on Thursday or Sunday since it says Thursday but wasn't posted until Sunday....)
Post a Comment