So one more week has gone by and still no clients. The question that probably comes to your mind, at least it is to mine, is what is a potentially successful, and very handsome, therapist doing all day with nothing on his schedule. Well, I will be sure to ask him when I meet him. As for me, there are many things that I could be doing, but none of which I am actually doing.
The things I could be doing are as follows: finish the upstairs, finish our money project, make meals, clean the house, and start to prep the outside for paint.
Here are all the reasons why this is not working out. First, I could finish the upstairs, but I fear that if I actually do finish the project, I will be left feeling empty inside. I would prefer not to feel this way so as a result I will not be finishing the project any time soon.
Second, finish the money project. The way I see this is that as a result of my new business, for which I have exactly one client, there is no money and therefore no money projects. I suppose I could be planning for the sale of our house and how we will pay for the move to my mother's house. Prostitution comes to mind. However, I am confident that should I follow this route, I will no longer have a family; and while this will be less expensive for me, I will be very lonely on the streets under the bridge.
Third, make meals. Actually there are times when I do this, but overall I find the planning of meals to be a bit tedious. And really what's the purpose. Mia only eats things that contain cheese, processed refined carbs, and ham. So our choices are limited. They include, and may actually only be the following: mac and cheese, cheese and ham, peanut butter and jelly, waffles and pbj, or toast and cream cheese. That's it. Oh, wait, there are are a few other things. She will eat any color, shape, or size, thing that is classified as a dessert. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is dessert, she eats it. And I know what you're going to say . . . just call an avocado dessert. It's not that easy. She knows a veg at 100 yards. There is no fooling her. I mean it. She has this superhuman power to be able to identify veg. I suppose that could come in handy. I mean what does Superman or Batman have on her. Sure they can fly or beat people up, but she is able to protect her insides for the harmful and deadly tomato.
Fourth, what is the purpose of cleaning the house. We have three levels in our house and only one of them is livable. And even if I clean the one floor we do live on, Jonah makes sure that he puts all the stuff back where he wants it . . . on the floor. So in the end I pick up all the papers, books, toys, pieces of waffle, snot filled tissues, and whatever else Jonah has found and then he follows me and just throws similar items back on the ground. He has gotten to think this is a game. I just wish he could have some understanding of language. If he did, he would be sure to let him know that I do not like this game.
Fifth, I am just simply not ready for another house project.
So there you have it. Things I could be doing but am not. What I am doing is watching movies, running, and watching more movies. Not a bad life if you can get it.


4 comments:
You forgot to mention blogging. Thank goodness you have time enough to blog and keep the rest of us laughing....even if you're crying while you're doing it.
Rinko, my neice, used to avoid vegetables too. But now she eats all kinds of vegetables because she is getting to be "beauty-conscious" (at age 7)...
I'm wondering if we've had no update in almost a month because: A) You're so busy with all your new clients that there is no time to update; or 2) You're not homeless and don't have access to internet. I'm hoping it's the former.
One would think that we would have more time to post blog entries. I have no idea what has happened to us. I'm blaming the kids. They are just too demanding. I'm working on making them more self-sufficient. This whole dependency thing is getting old.
Luckily we are not homeless...although without all the home repairs and lawn work we would have a lot more time to post.
Post a Comment