Today was a big day for Mia. Mia passed her swimming test today at the JCC, which means that she is now allowed to swim in the deep end all by herself! This is a big deal! We went to the pool today with her friend Liv (who has already passed the swimming test). Mia really wanted to go in the deep end with Liv, but she was terrified to take the test. Liv and I encouraged her to try and she finally got up the courage. She was so awesome! She swam the width of the pool and back without touching the bottom. She was so amazed that she was able to do it. So, she got her green band that allows her to go in the deep end anytime she wants. I was so proud I nearly cried. And that was only the beginning. She jumped off the diving board for the first time today as well. That was really something. The poor kid was shaking like a leaf, she was so scared!! But she did it and she was so darn proud of herself!
Jonah, also had his first swimming experience today as well--but not in the big pool. Jonah joined all the neighbor girls for a dip in the kiddie pool today and loved it. He has always been a bit too scared to venture into the kiddie pool, but today he went in full force and loved it. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of that one, but here are some pics of him lounging on his new chair eating raspberries--which are his new obsession.

Mia in the deep end with her new green wrist band

Jonah enjoying some early morning raspberries with his sister

Jonah enjoying some lunch time raspberries by himself

Jonah enjoying some afternoon raspberries on his chair...
I think you are getting the picture of Jonah's day.

The handsome Mr. Raich

Mia teaching the Jonster how to ride his bike
3 comments:
Congratulations to Mia!! She can now ride her bike without training wheels, she can jump off the diving board and swim in the deep end....the next big challenge will be passing her road test?
Grampy
Wow! They grow up so fast!!! I can't believe Mia is swimming in deep ends and Jonah is riding a bike!! (Levi still won't even walk! Lol)
And I definitely did a double take at the picture of Jeff. Long sleeves?!?!?! Seriously, we're in the 100s every day here that I can barely stand to set foot outside! I can't imagine willfully putting on long sleeves for many more months!
We are soooo proud of Mia!!! By the way, tell Jonah to save some of those raspberries for Grandma on Sunday!
Post a Comment