Those of you in the Scharlatt clan will be all too familiar with the book pictured above. For everyone else, this is simply the best book in the history of Thanksgiving. This book was my sister's when she was a little girl and was handed down to me when I was a little girl. Despite this fact there is a bit of contention between the Scharlatt sisters as to the rightful owner of the book. However, we all know that possession is 9/10ths of the law and I since I had possession it was rightfully my book. Unfortunately, however, this wonderful Scharlatt heirloom was lost along with all of our other prized possession in our shipment. Now that more than a year has passed, I have determined that it is time to bring back the true spirit of Thanksgiving and buy a new copy of this timeless classic. So, tonight, I got onto Amazon.co.uk and found out that if I want to purchase a USED copy I will have to shell out £70! With the current exchange rate that is approximately $125! Fortunately it is only $25 in America. I have decided this is welll worth the cost--even if it doesn't have 30 years of cranberry bread batter splattered on the pages. Now it will be Mia's turn to do the splattering.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Cranberry Thanksgiving
Those of you in the Scharlatt clan will be all too familiar with the book pictured above. For everyone else, this is simply the best book in the history of Thanksgiving. This book was my sister's when she was a little girl and was handed down to me when I was a little girl. Despite this fact there is a bit of contention between the Scharlatt sisters as to the rightful owner of the book. However, we all know that possession is 9/10ths of the law and I since I had possession it was rightfully my book. Unfortunately, however, this wonderful Scharlatt heirloom was lost along with all of our other prized possession in our shipment. Now that more than a year has passed, I have determined that it is time to bring back the true spirit of Thanksgiving and buy a new copy of this timeless classic. So, tonight, I got onto Amazon.co.uk and found out that if I want to purchase a USED copy I will have to shell out £70! With the current exchange rate that is approximately $125! Fortunately it is only $25 in America. I have decided this is welll worth the cost--even if it doesn't have 30 years of cranberry bread batter splattered on the pages. Now it will be Mia's turn to do the splattering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment