The floors are down. Almost 20 hour later, they are finished and the Raich family can move into their new home. The floors were no small feat. The job required lots of hard work, bending, sweating, and swearing. Of course, I was enjoying a mint julep sitting in the sun while Josh experienced those things, but I tried to not look too happy.
Actually, this is how it went. We started in the hallway near the bathroom and worked our way toward the front of the house. Josh was in charge of the hard stuff. I just took up some space and handed him the tools. There is a reason for this. The reason is that when I was in charge of the tools I had a hard time saying anything besides oops, damn, oops, ouch, oops, sh*t, oops, here take the stapler… I did notice, however, that Josh was not saying the same things as me. He was saying things like do you need a band aid, are you alright, do you need to go to the hospital, do you really want the those boards to be so far apart, here let me have the stapler…
But, in the end, they are down and they are beautiful. They really go well with the colors we chose for the second time we painted. The next step is to move. That is the next step in what seems to be an ever increasing list of projects that will require my special talents. That is actually code for ‘we don’t have the money to hire this out and you are the only one in the family who knows how to turn the saw on’. This is what I have taken away from ‘special talents’ when Andrea says this to me. Yes, Andrea has a list for me and she is confident that I can achieve all of it before we move in 4 days.
Let’s see what is on the list: buy, paint and install the moldings, build a fence, erect the play system that Rob and Rob are giving us (thank you), finish the basement, paint the outside of the house and build and plant the raised beds. Of course, these things are to be done while working both my jobs. I told her this was possible, but I would prefer more of a challenge.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. I took some the other night, but they did not show the colors very well and given how much effort has been put into the house, I wanted to take a few more. So, that is the long way of saying you will have to wait!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment