Saturday, May 24, 2008

One week on

We are one week on with Dixie and all is well. I just can't believe how well she has done. This dog is just amazing and considering what she has been through... well, we could not have asked for anything better. And Mia just loves having a dog. She loves to play with Dixie. However, Dixie can be a little rough for Mia. Dixie likes to paw at you, just to let you know she is sitting on your lap and wants to pet. I, for one, am thankful she does this. I sometimes have a hard time remember that I have a 25 pound dog on my lap.

Two weeks on in the house and it feels like a home. There are still all sorts of projects to do, but they will come in time. Today we will get the swing set from Rob and Rob (sister and brother-in-law). Mia is really excited about this. Once we get that we can start to build the fence. The fence is a big endeavour. Not because of the work, although that is part of it, but because we need to find the property line. Our neighbor, who we really like, already has a fence and believes that her property extends two feet beyond the fence. So I have had to investigate and have found, so far, that is not the case. I was going to get the land surveyed, but that costs $700. Instead, I will rent a metal detector and look for corner markers (or gold, if I'm lucky).

This weekend is our anniversary. Six years of wedded bliss... and a few changes along the way. Let's recap: married, moved, both of us started graduate school, both working, had baby, bought house, graduated school, took jobs in England, sold house, moved to England, moved back to America, got jobs, bought house, Andrea accepted to PhD program. Not too bad. A bit busy. Then there is Andrea starting school and adoption. Maybe, one day, we will settle down... maybe not.

No comments: