Friday, May 02, 2008

House update

The walls are painted and so am I. I am still picking paint off me. I won’t even go into where I have been finding paint, but suffice it to say, I am confused how it got there. And in true Raich fashion, we have repainted the entire house. We painted the walls in the living room from what appeared, at the time, to be a great color. Of course this was based on swatches that were 2” x 2”. How one can actually know what the color will end up looking like is beyond me. So we painted, and painted, and painted. When it was done, it was not very WOW. But we stuck with it. Then we painted our bedroom and struck on some colors that were just gorgeous. So we decided to repaint the living and dinning rooms and front entry way. At any rate, it is finished. I will post pictures tomorrow.

The next step is the floor. Josh and I will be laying it tomorrow. Tonight we are going to meet to do some manly grunting and surveying. I don’t think much work will actually be done, but I think it is a requirement to do this prior to any construction job. I imagine we will be moving some tools, talking about the power of said tools, talking about the direction of the floor, talking about how we can best use said tools to get said floor down, and generally just whiling away an hour or so. If I drank, I imagine I would have a beer as well.

The plan is still to move next week. Andrea and I have been having our usual disagreement leading up to a move. She is of the mind that we can wait until the last minute, or she might say a couple of days before, the move to pack. She states she has moved 300 times in the last 2 years and is very good at it. She states she has moved overseas more then me, so knows how to pack. I say I am not sure how that is related, but I am older and therefore know how to pack better. She thinks ‘why pack up things you might need and then won’t be able to get them’. I, however, believe it should be started a longer time before so one is not scrambling at the last minute. Again, in true Raich fashion, we will spend too much time talking and arguing about this and will not pack and thereby Andrea will get her way. Ugh… not this time. No way. I am packing and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Perhaps with the exception of Mia who demanded to have a book from one the already packed boxes. The kicker was that I was not home and Andrea did not know what box the book was in, so they unpacked many boxes. When Mia woke up this morning she thought it was sooooo cute that she and mommy unpacked all the boxes. Never fear, I will persevere even if I have to resort to secret packing!

No comments: