Jonah has officially started signing. The best part about it is just how thrilled he is to be communicating. Poor little guy has so much to say, and is just looking for ways to get his message across! He has been pointing and saying "DAT!" for a while now. A few weeks ago he started shaking his head no. This is both a blessing and a curse. It is great to know what he doesn't want, except when it turns out that he doesn't want ANYTHING--like the other night when I pulled out the entire contents of our fridge just to watch him shake his head at every single thing I showed him. Anyway, now he is also using some of the signs I have been teaching him. The best is his new love of the sign for "sleep" or "go to bed" which I use pretty interchangeably. So tonight Jonah was nursing before bed like he always does, but he was kind of playing around and not going to sleep. So I put my hand up to my face and did the sign for "go to sleep". He looked at me and smiled and did the sign back at me. Then, when I put him in his crib and started to rub his back, he kept looking up at me and doing the sign for "go to sleep", as if to tell me "yeah, mom, I know what I am supposed to be doing". It was sooooooo sweet!! I could just eat that kid up.

Jonah at his joint one year birthday party with his friends from Mom and Baby Group. Don't worry people--you haven't missed his birthday yet. This was just a one year party for all the babies who are turning one together between Feb and May.
In the garden with dad, where he decided to do a little soil tasting. Jeff didn't think this was a problem. Really? Sorry. I am trying to relax about a lot of things, but eating dirt just isn't ok...
3 comments:
Yeah, I have to admit I wouldn't be a fan of the dirt tasting either!
Are you teaching Jonah the signing yourself or are you doing a class? I've tried teaching Levi a couple of signs but he doesn't show the slightest interest. Or maybe I'm not doing it right. I probably need to try to teach signs when he's not waiting for "more" food to be put in his mouth immediately.
Jonah never showed any interest. I think that is very normal, until one day they are just able to do it. Mia was the same way. So I try to sign whenever I remember and they also do it at daycare. Eventually it just sticks.
At least he's not eating "dirt" at Grandma and Papa's farm!!!
Post a Comment