Well, we finally settled back into the swing of things again. I still can't believe how tired we were. I sure thought that it was going to be easier to return. Mia actually has started to sleep an entire hour longer then when we left. Normally this would be a good thing, but since we moved here, we have used her as an alarm clock. Just like clock work she would rise at 6.30am and yell out 'mummy' or 'daddy'. Now she does so at 7.30am and yells 'wakey, wakey time'. This is, however, too late so we have resorted to setting the alarm clock which is not as pleasant. The problem is that no matter what we do, the buzzer and music go off at the same time, which is a bit annoying.
I have started to sort through the pictures, an amazing amount of photos were taken. I think that I have gone through 10 or 12. Hmmmm... maybe I should work faster. Anyway, here are a couple.

This is one of my personal favorites. Notice if you will the smile that Rob, Mia's uncle, has. He was so pleased that princess Mia allowed him to hold her, something that was not a regular occurrence in the past.

I think that this one deserves some feedback - sort of like a write a caption contest.

And then there is Papa's breakfast. Now this is a feast fit for a king - King Roger of Kilkenny. On the plate are eggs, sausage, and toast (with the side of butter and salt). Mia was so happy to have shared in this meal with Papa and Papa was so happy to have cooked it, on a wood burning stove nonetheless.

And this is her big sister, well not really, but I think Mia sure wished it was. Mia would follow Madi, her first cousin, everywhere Madi went; a bit like the lamb did with Mary.
There are more pictures coming, with more people, and more events. I will try to work harder, faster, and more efficiently (sounds a bit like a food processor - 'the processor that works harder, faster and more efficiently, so you don't have to.
I do have to say one thing before I go and clean the dishes. Andrea has pointed out my propensity to use the line 'you ask? Good question!' Such as 'what happened to the slugs, you ask? Good question!' It seems that I have used this A LOT since we started this blog. I was not aware of it until we went back and looked at all the entries and low and behold, there it was in black and white. Why do I do this, you ask? Good question! (I couldn't resist) I actually don't know, but I now feel like I have a thing. Some people have a special way they sign a letter, some have a certain number of straws they have to have in thier drink, and I have this. Or perhaps I am starting to slip into a psychosis and am sharing with everyone the conversation that I am having with my imaginary friend, Harvey the bunny. At any rate, I will try to control my strange use of this phrase in the future.
More to come soon, including video of Mia shaking her bum!
No comments:
Post a Comment