Monday, December 18, 2006

Issues with pictures

We are experiencing technical difficulties with uploading pictures. More will be on the way soon. The timing is unfortunate as we were just getting to the second half of the trip, the bit with the Scharlatts. To make up for this exceedingly long wait, I have mailed checks to everyone in the family for amount that will make you feel that you can heal and recover from this. If the checks don't work, then I will offer counseling services to all those who need it.

On a different subject, some news. Mia is sick. This has caused quite a problem, not because she is ill, that is not good though, but because we have bought a thermometer. The thermometer gives readings in Celsius, which is not bad in and of itself, but then when we try to compensate for taking the temperature under the arm, everything goes haywire. What we have figured out is that Mia has a temperature somewhere between 95f and 104f. She is starting to feel better, but is a bit tired. Hopefully tomorrow she will recover fully and be back to her usual self, which has become sassy, independent, and cheeky.

My garden is coming nicely. I have nothing in the plots and I feel that I have finally won. The slugs have nothing to eat. I see them gathering around the plots looking forelorned and wanting. But alas there is nothing for them there. Maybe this will teach them a lesson - don't eat all the food. The cats continue to come around and use the plots for their own personal needs, but less so. Perhaps it is getting too cold.

That's all for now. I will endeavor to post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: