Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Home is where the heart is

Home really is where the heart is, and it is never truer then when visiting family. But, alas, it is also true that your home is where your bed is. That said, it was nice to retire there upon our first full day back. We made it to and from America without any major glitches. There was quite a feat given that we were toting a three year-old and everything that she has ever collected, bought, or been given as gifts. When we moved to England, we came with six pieces of luggage. These held almost everything we owned (as it turned out it ended up being everything we owned). When we returned to England from this trip we had five pieces of luggage. I am not sure, but if you ask me something was not quite right in the state of Denmark.

How did the trip go? Good question. We were able to see friends and family, both of which were wonderful. We were able to go out as a couple (a couple of what you may ask?). And we were able to go the Mall of America...many, many times. Really it was great and we felt like we were on a vacation. I suppose we should have brought back some Minnesota memorabilia, but alas all we returned with a bunch of Old Navy clothes.

Our house was still here when we returned (as were my slugs) but missing was the single digit temperatures that we had in Minnesota. In its place were temperatures in the 50's... not bad, huh?

I don't know about others, but there is something about being able to put one's head down and sleep for 14 hours... wait... did I say 14 hours? Yes, that's right. For the first time in as long as Andrea or I can remember we were able to sleep-in. I imagine that we have not slept-in for a good... how old is Mia? Yes, that's right, we have never slept in since Mia.

Well, there will be more coming including pictures, video, and memories.~Jeff

No comments: