Sunday, February 21, 2010

First day of work

Well, I never did get back to the blog the other day to give my big news, and by now it really isn't news because everyone already knows--I got the job. Tomorrow I start my first day as Associate Director of Recruitment, Orientation, and Admissions. I am seriously excited--although a bit nervous. I just checked my calendar for next week and I already have 19 meetings scheduled. Yikes. Who has 19 meetings in one week? That is crazy, and so now I am like "What in the world did I get myself into?" But, too late to turn back now. I'm excited. It will be great.

In other news, Mia spent the entire weekend at her Grammy and Grampy's house. That was a big deal! She has spent the night before, but this was practically two full days. They took her to dance class and religous school, shopping and pizza. Needless to say, it was like a spa weekend for Jeff and I with only one kid to cart around. I forgot how relaxing one child can be--although Jonah seems to have learned how to throw a tantrum now. Fabulous. The best one was today at Bread and Chocolate when the way I cut up his croissant seemed to piss him off royally and he started screaming at the top of his lungs while throwing said croissant on the floor. Yeah. That was great. On top of it all, he seems to be getting another tooth which has made him as cranky as I have ever seen him. It should be a fun week. I guess those 19 meetings aren't looking so bad afterall!

1 comment:

Kayo said...

Good luck with your new job, Andrea! 19 meetings! Wow! Soon you'll learn which meetings you can skip, so no worry. ;)

I bet Mia enjoyed two whole days with her grandparents too!!! Next time is going to be one week. Then maybe a whole summer!