I haven't done much blogging about the kids lately and thought it was time for a quick update. Jonah is changing so much every day it is difficult to keep up. He has been crawling for almost two months, he has four teeth, sleeps from about 7pm to around 4am most nights, eats every kind of solid food imaginable, and has really taken off with his communication. Every day there is something new! He now says mama and dada. He can wave goodbye. He points at everything and says "Dat!!" "Dat!!". It is amazing to see him communicate so well. At dinner time he will communicate very loudly about things that he likes and dislikes through his facial expressions and baby babble. He has such strong feelings about food! Show that kid an orange and you will see the biggest, happiest smile you could ever imagine. If he doesn't like something he doesn't get too angry though. He just picks it right up and throws it on the floor and then looks at us like "bring on the next dish, please". He does get frustrated when we don't understand him, though. He will kind of scream at us in his baby babble and when he finally gets that we don't understand he will screw up his face in frustration or lay his head down on the ground as if he is exhausted from trying. It is so sweet.
Mia is also doing well. She is really excelling with her French. She is also making amazing strides in her speech now that she is working with a private speech therapist. I don't know why we didn't go that route before. I can't believe how big she is getting! Just tonight she confided in me that she "loves" an older boy that rides her bus. I asked her what she loves about him and she was so matter of fact about it all. She said "I just love the way he looks and the way he acts." Apparently she confided her feelings to him. I guess he doesn't love her back but they are still friends. She seemed just fine with that outcome but is still going to keep loving him anyway. Can you believe this stuff? It just kills me. Mia's big passion right now is Hannah Montana and we spend a lot of time having pretend rock concerts. She is at such an in between age. She is interested in boys and pop music, but is still scared to go potty by herself and needs someone to brush her teeth for her. You never know what you are going to get from minute to minute with that one.
Here are a few new pics:
My happy little guy
King Jonah
Mia pretending to breastfeed her stuffed cat
1 comment:
Wow! They're so big!! I, too, am amazed daily at the things Levi is learning. I don't even know how he picks these things up because I feel like he's so much more neglected than Caleb was at this age when all I did was spend my days trying to teach him new "tricks." With working two jobs and having an older child, that teaching time is definitely much more limited. But he picks it up nonetheless! (Good thing or I might have an 8 month old blob that just laid there and did nothing).
We need to figure out a time to get up there to see your kiddos!!... and of course you guys too. :)
Post a Comment