Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Alone

Tonight is one of the first nights that Andrea is not going to be home, until rather late that is. This got me thinking about the amount of time that she and I have spent apart since we met 5 years ago. In that time, I have only not spent the night once since we were married and maybe 6 times since we met. Really, if you think about it, that is pretty amazing. So here I am without my beloved until 11 tonight and really I will be asleep by that time.

My intention is of course to stay up for her, but the reality is that I will watch a movie (tonight it will be Snatch, thanks to Cheryl and Scott) and I will then fall asleep on the couch. Now, don't get me wrong. This is actually one of my favorite things to do. Prior to being with Andrea, I used to do this every night. But now it has become a thing of the past. I tend to do it on my back, whereas my father likes to do it on his belly... belly surfing as it has come to be called.

Speaking of this, it is only about 8 weeks until we make the first trip back to the states since we moved here. Mia is very excited about this. She is talking about seeing everyone and is now able to identify on her globe where we are going. She knows that we will be staying at Grandma and Papa's house.

The movie has started and I need to go.

Oh yeah, more movies soon and they will be formated for Mac too!

No comments: