My work has just gotten more difficult, even though I didn't think it possible. Today I found out that I have to make an application to the Home Secretary, essentially one of the highest ranking officials in England, to put one of the children I work with in secure accommodation. This means that he will be going to youth jail for a short amount of time.
In total I now have 16 children that are in court, meaning that I only have 1 child that is not. My work is getting so demanding now. I actually love it though. Out of all my jobs, this is actually one of the two favourite jobs that I've had. This is certainly my favourite professional job.
On a lighter note, our garden is coming along. We've replanted lots of stuff. We now have sunflowers, spinach, lettuce, beets, carrots, and weeds growing. In no time at all, it will either grow to be wonderful and delicious, or be eaten by the slugs without even a thank you. I am going to be planting potatoes this weekend. The books promise that if we do it the way they say, we will have potatoes by Christmas. Oh yeah, we are growing blueberries and olives. And next month we will be putting in strawberries and raspberries. I know what you're thinking... Lucky slugs. We'll see.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment