Friday, July 24, 2009

Babysitter

I have lost some of my hours at one of my jobs so I recently applied for a position as a casual social worker--I guess it meant that I don't have to wear a tie. I was called for an interview and it was scheduled for today. So, as Andrea was at work, her parents were allowed to sit with Jonah. I say allowed because they had to undergo a grueling process to get their license. They were able to pass the background check, but they didn't do so well on the questionnaire. However, during the interview stage, they made up for the lack of correct answers on the written portion. In the end, I left the kids with them and I am told it went well. The proof's in the pudding, though. I will be playing back the nanny-cam tonight and we'll see what actually happened.

I got to the interview today and it seemed to be going well, at least for the first 1.4 minutes of casual conversation. I then brought up that I have a day job and am looking for nights and weekends. Apparently I was supposed to know by the lack of specificity in the advert that they were looking for a person who could work days. So I left, looking dapper in a sort of modern Cary Grant meets Jonny Depp way (okay, I was actually wearing a suit that fit me when I was 20 pounds heavier, so now I just look like a guy who found a suit in his old man's closet), and headed for the local Japanese market.

Just so you know, this is not the place I would normally go to, although I do like Japanese food. I don't find particular comfort amongst the fish, squid, and octopodes. Nor do I find comfort amongst food for which I can't pronounce the names. But I do enjoy, perhaps more then the next person, Pocky. If you haven't had this, you are missing out on a traditional Japanese delicacy. Yes it's filled with crap. Yest it's not even in the least bit healthy. And yes it may actually contain things which have numbers in the ingredients. But, it is good, not filling (which in the end may be a down side), and tasty. I suggest you go find yourself some, sit down, relax, and devour what is pure Japan.




As you see from these pictures, I had to dress him in the same outfit again. If anyone would like, we are taking donations in the hopes of obtaining some more clothes.

I actually think they look alike. What do you think?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lol. I appreciate the clothes comment! Sorry the interview was a bust though!

I think you can tell that they're siblings but they also look very different. I think the same thing of my two.

Kayo said...

I think Mia looks more like Jeff, and Jonah looks more like Andrea. What do you think?