48 more to go. Let me first start by telling the harrowing tale of Jeff the dog groomer. In an effort to save money and because we couldn't find the time to call the dog groomer, we decided to trim Dixie's hair ourselves. Let me just say this about that - don't do it. I thought that since I cut my own hair, cutting Dixie's would be a piece of cake . . . wrong. Not only did it take more time then I normally spend doing any single activity in my day, it also made our dog look like a Chinese Crested. I'm not sure if you've ever seen these dogs, but imagine a dog that is essentially shaved except for her head. Got that picture in your mind. Now imagine that her tail is full of knots and all snarly. And her nails are long and curling under. This is our dog. She's beautiful. I'm sorry Dixie that you had to be the Guinea pig in our little experiment. I've been graveling for her forgiveness all day. Nothing doing on her part.
So, my first day home was filled with fun and excitement. Actually it was filled with the same three things all day: eat, sleep, awake (which actually means changing diapers), and repeat. I have to say everything went better then expected. Our morning got off to a little bit of a rough start, but soon we were understanding each other perfectly. I'd like to say that I was the father and as such told him how it was to be, but the reality was that I conformed to his needs. He cried, I went to him. He weed, I changed him. He snapped, I stood at attention.
The thing that is helping is that I have Mia loaned out all week. Her Grammy and Grampy took her today and will take her again on Friday; she will be with friends tomorrow and Wednesday; and her Grandma will have her on Thursday. She can be yours for as little as 49.99. That includes lunch and play time. Let me know if your interested. At some point, I suppose, I'll have to actually care for her myself, but until then I got this dad thing down.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What?! No pictures of the dog?!
Post a Comment