Monday, July 06, 2009

The Jonah Update--week 11

I suppose a Jonah update is long overdue! Summer has been quite busy since Mia has been home and any time that I used to have available for luxeries like blogging are long gone. Fortunately for all of us Mia has started a two week day camp at the Friends School call "Imagine That". She will be doing all sorts of art and theater and imagination games. She is excited to have a few weeks out of the house and I am excited to have things a bit calmer around here for my last two weeks of maternity. That's right . . . I go back to work in two weeks!! I can't believe it. I mean, it is no surprise that the time flew by. I knew it would. It is just one of those things. Overall, it has been wonderful. I think the first 6 weeks were my favorite. I loved all the alone time Jonah and I had during the days to just snuggle up and nurse and nap and love each other. I have vowed to spend these last two weeks really just focusing on Jonah. Forget any home projects that I was hoping to get done on leave, or if the laundry is piling up, or emails that have gone unanswered. These next two weeks are going to be our time to play and have fun. In addition, I am trying desperately to get Jonah on a more consistent nap and eating schedule so that Jeff and Mia have a smoother time of things when they take over on July 20th. Jeff will be home with Mia and Jonah for 7 whole weeks! Unfortunately for Jeff, however, he does not have breasts. Currently Jonah nurses for pretty much every occassion: "I'm tired--let's nurse", "I'm angry--let's nurse", "I'm hungry--let's nurse", "It's Monday at 3:32 pm--let's nurse". You get the picture. So I have been working hard to get Jonah more used to taking a bottle, taking regular naps, and learning to put himself to sleep. The last one is the hardest, but I think we are making progress. You should see the pile of sleep books on my coffee table!

Anyway, below are some photos of the past few weeks. We haven't been too great about taking photos. We must do better! It is so different with the second child. With Mia we averaged about 35 photos per hour! Jonah is so funny, though. He has the best expressions. Whenever I try to get out the camera to capture a look, he gets this quizicle look on his face as if he is thinking "Why has mom's head turned into a black piece of plastic?". Of course the minute I put down the camera the great looks and smiles come back.

Mia dressed up like Daddy.

Some gifts and an outfit from my best friend in Japan--Thanks Kayo!!

Sibling love!

Mia and the girls from next door.

Big smiles!


Trying out his new highchair and loving it!


Practicing for the day he can throw his food at me.

Some of the wonderful babies from my mom and baby group!

A close up of Jonah and his pal--Frank

1 comment:

Jo said...

I think Jonah looks like his mommy. You make cute babies.