Thursday, July 23, 2009

Instructions

So, here is how you leave a comment. If you click on comments at the bottom of the most current post you will be able to type in a comment (and put how much you enjoy the writings and musings of a most talented blogger). Then you have to type in a funky looking word to make sure you are not a machine, or at least if you are then you are capable of human- like thought. You then are given options choosing to put your name, sign in with your google account, or keep anonymous. That's it. I hope this works for everyone. If it does not please let us know I will just call Larry Page and Sergey Brin , founders of Google, and let him know the problems we're having.

Today was our first foray out into the cold and cruel world. We left the protection of our home with only a spare diaper and the whole box of wipes to see what trouble we could find. I had always told Andrea that come hell or high water I will not be house bound by some winy, needy baby and instead would continue to do the things I wanted. That was until I found that while Jonah lacks the power of coherent speech he does not, by any stretch of the imagination, unless we're talking about those machines that fill in random words to leave comments, lack the power of communication. Man can he yell if he's unhappy. So, I remained home all this week catering to his needs as if I were his man-servant and my very existence was to please my master. But today I said I am no longer indentured and I demand my freedom. I demand the ability to choose to do things I want to do. His response was that he would allow me to do the things I want to do as long as they are things he wants to do.

So, we went out. We went to Babies 'r Us and found some things for him, which of course he was okay with. We then went to the dog food deli (this is the level to which we will care for our dog: give her the best food from a deli and to us we gift poverty). After that we went to the sporting goods store. I pushed his limit a bit. I am pretty sure this was the case as he cried on the way home. Even my best Elmo voice couldn't stop him. One day remind me and I'll share with you what the voice sounds like.

His favorite food: fingers

Man's best friend. Actually, this picture doesn't do justice to the terrible cut I did.

His best owl imitation.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am so impressed that you are posting every day!! However, I have to wonder if your children are being neglected in the process. It appears that Jonah was wearing the exact same outfit two days in a row!

Also, Scott and I were discussing that we should come visit you guys. Think we can squeeze into your house with you? It sounded like there are a few unused spaces that are getting no use.

And thanks for the picture of the dog.

Andrea said...

Not a recycled outfit--just recylced pictures from yesterday. I can't have anyone thiking my kid would wear the same outfit twice! Not in this house! We are way too posh for that.

Sir Jeff-a-lot said...

All I can say about the recycled outfit is please refer to the section about Dixie's food. Jonah's lucky he has even one outfit!