Sunday, August 09, 2009

a challenge

I have been challenged to put down on this blog a posting without using a specific piece of the alphabet. To find that piece, please look at the comments a few posts ago. I have accepted that challenge and this is my post.


The shindig is finally finished and all have gotten a good night sleep. I am continually amazed at just how much noise a bunch of little ladies can make. What is a bunch of little mademoiselles called? A gaggle, a pod, a clique, a mob? No, a bunch of little ladies is called out of check. They might be called deafening. But I would posit they can be called savage. Now imagine that that gaggle of little females was given glucose, and lots of it at that. Actually given so much glucose that any commonplace kid would have gone into anaphylactic shock. So what we had on Sunday was a savage of 5 little damsels who had no idea of why they began to yell and act like hyenas post-kill of a gazelle, but what I should have done was call the local zoo . . . maybe animal handeling. I suppose some of it was my my fault as we decided to not only give them cupcakes but donuts, too. Who in one's sane mind would do this? How is this a good idea?


The cupcakes came following lunch when we sang happy natal day (can you imagine the song now . . . happy natal day to you, happy natal day to you, happy natal day mia . . .). Each chickadee had a just one cupcake. Leading up to this I had commented to a guest just how quite things had been. But then things got going. A little pool splashing, a bit of some wet slip-n-slide and then some additional goodies. We decided that playing a game with donuts was a good idea. So we hung some donuts on twine hooked to a maple. The idea was that they had to eat said donuts without touching them. The issue was that all but one donut fell off the twine and we had to substitute additional cupcakes (but I managed to eat two of those said donuts and give myself a feeling of glee and pain all at once). Post getting smacked in the face with the cupcakes, and have icing all about each one's face, then having the cupcakes fall to the loam, they got on hands and knees and commenced to lick the lawn clean. I have to say, had I thought of this ahead of my buying a lawn cutting machine, I would have just put icing on the lawn, invited the local kids to my house, and had them go to town. I could not believe how close they cut the blades. It was quite a site to behold. Five little bodies in swim suits going coo coo about coco pops. Even my dog got in on the fun. The best way to talk about the scene would be to imagine a film of man-eating fish stuffing themselves on a meal, but the film is shown at mach 10.

All in all it was fun and all seemed to have a good time. No one lost any limbs, although one did leave behind little panties. But the highlight of the day had to be my wife's mom and dad. They got in on the fun, didn't mind getting wet, and made the shindig exceptional. I do have to mention that my wife's mom was not fully set to get wet. She had clothes that seemed quite nice and was clothed in white pants (think aqua and white), needless to say it was a sight, but she didn't get bugged and I give mom kudos.

Mia's pal Saya in slip 'n slide fun

Just look at that face. I love the look. Additional pal, Tig

Look at that face!

Post glucose

I'm not positive what won - the cupcake, the face

Mia's five pals

My wife's mom

5 comments:

grampy said...

wet and wild!
Grampy

Anonymous said...

Sue Bart guesses it is an "R".

Kayo said...

That pool party looks fun!!! I bet the kids had blast!
I am not surprised to hear Linda got all soaking wet with them. She wouldn't miss such fun time! I once saw her getting wet at ocean (she was wearing normal clothes), and at other time she poured a cup of water on Andrea's head at a baseball game (just for fun!). What a fun lady she is! I love her!

I am impressed you can write such long post without "r". Good job, Jeff!!!

Cheryl said...

Well done! I completely enjoyed the acceptance of the challenge! You definitely did not disappoint (not that I thought you would)!

By the way, I noticed that Mia was the most scantily clad kid in the bunch. Planning on making Mia a floozie at a young age? Can't wait till the teenage days! Lol!

Cheryl said...

I forgot to mention that my favorite part was "Happy natal day to you..." LOL