Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Due date plus 13

Today's the day. Andrea (and I) will be admitted to St. Joe's hospital this evening at 7:00. She will be given cream to make the cervix softer and then if that does not work, she will be given Pitocin tomorrow morning. So the thought is that we will have a new baby boy tomorrow at this time, no guarantees though.

For now, however, she rests.

On a different note, we think we have narrowed down the name search to less then 10,000. Pretty good considering that the books we were looking at had 100,000. As of right now, there is a good chance that he will have a name when he's born. We have the middle and, most surely, the last names picked out.

Amelia continues to do well. She is being great and does not appear to be regressing too much. I mean, I don't think it's weird that she wants to breast feed, suck her thumb and start using nappies again, do you? We told her absolutely not to the nappies, but will have to see with the others.

I am grieving a bit about the loss of the our current family unit. I have been able to establish a fair amount of control over Mia, but I'm scared what will happen now that she will have a brother with whom to plot. Really this could end up being the end of my reign. I can just see it now, she will say you know dad I would normally clean up after myself, clear the table, help with cooking, and generally care for myself, BUT I can't because you had this baby and I have to play with him. She will go on to say, I remember a time when you said you would be looking to me to help, well guess what Dad, I'm helping and he wants to play, don't you (insert name here)? Of course that will just be the start of it. Jump ahead 11 years and Mia now has a driver's license. Dad I need the car? No, not for me, for (insert name). He wants to go to a friends and I said I would drive him. Of course because I'm such a good sister, I will wait to pick him up and bring him home. I suppose I can't wait at HIS friend's house, so I might as well wait at the mall. Don't worry about me... I'll be fine. By the way, Dad, do you have fifty dollars I could borrow (read: have with no intention of every paying back)?

What have I done? Gone are the days of control. Gone are the days of my leadership. Gone are the days of... who am I kidding, I never had that. Amelia has always ruled the house. Oh well, back to my fantasy.

No comments: