Friday, April 10, 2009

Due date plus 2

So my plan has not worked. Last night I tried to shine a flashlight through Andrea’s stomach in the hopes of having baby boy follow the light. Nothing. Then I tried to gently push on her stomach in the hopes of squeezing him out. Nothing (I suppose it’s not the same as a tube of toothpaste). Then I thought that since he appears to be defying gravity by not going down, that perhaps he would go up. So I had Andrea stand on her head. That didn’t work. Well, I laughed, but still no baby.

We’ll see what today brings. Andrea is at the midwife today. Perhaps they will tell us something new and exciting like the way to induce labor naturally is by Andrea and I standing on one foot while touching our pinkies together and chanting the baby’s name (for which we don’t have one, yet) while at the same time Mia runs a figure eight around our legs and says an ancient hymm.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

How many ancient hymns does Mia know?

And in shining the flashlight on her stomach to get your son to follow the light, were you hoping the baby would pop out through her bellybutton?